Why Travel Philippines?
That "it's more fun in the Philippines" is more than just a campaign mantra by the government, it is an authentic depiction of the Philippines reflected by the fact that Filipinos are one of the happiest people in the world. With its rich natural treasures, vibrant culture, scrumptious foods, feisty festivals, value for money and welcoming people across the country, it is without a doubt that the Philippines is one of the best places to visit. In fact, the fun in the Philippines is so irresistible and habit forming that many foreigners have not only chosen to travel but live and stay here for good for which the country was recently named one of the world's top retirement destinations.
10 Best Places in the Philippines to Travel in 2013
1. Palawan - Palawan is the home to the longest subterranean river in the world that lies beneath a limestone karst, the Puerto Princesa Underground River, one of the seven "New Natural Wonders of the World". It also has best diving spot in the world namely the Tubbataha Reef and is a haven for the world's most beautiful resorts such as the Coral Bay, Rio Playa, El Nido and Dos Palmas resorts.
2. Baguio - The "Summer capital of the Philippines, Baguio is popular for its cool climate within this tropical country. It serves as a cool vacation retreat and is famous for its parks such as Burnham Park, Camp John Hay and Botanical Gardens.
3. Bohol - Currently the country's no. 1 tourist destination in the country, Bohol is known for its beautiful beaches as well as diving and snorkeling sites. It is also famous for Chocolate Hills and the tarsier, the world's smallest primate exclusively found in Bohol.
4. Cebu - The Queen City of the South, Cebu is also a top tourist destination in the country which practically has all what the country offers from pristine beaches, adventurous activities, vivacious cultures to first class accommodations.
5. Camarines Sur - The latest addition in the Philippines top tourist destinations with the biggest jump, Camsur is the popular venue for water sports activities such as wakeboarding, summer surfing, Triathlon and Dragon Boat Competition.
6. Tagaytay - The second summer capital of the country, Tagaytay is equally famous for its cool climate and several retreat and vacations spots such as the Tagaytay Highlands, the Picnic Grovea and People's Park in the Sky. It is also where the world famous Taal Volcano can be found.
7. Camiguin - One of the smallest provinces yet richest in natural splendors, Camiguin is one enchanting paradise that has numerous scenic spots in its every nook including the Katibawasan and Tuasan Falls, hot and cold springs and most exquisite lagoon and white islands.
8. Vigan - A travel back to time, Vigan is the home for many historical heritages of the country featuring the 18th century Spanish colonial era.
9. Subic - Formerly the largest US overseas naval base, Subic had been transformed as destination for sea sports like sailing and yachting as well as many outdoor activities.
10. Davao - The largest city in the world, Davao is home to the tallest mountain in the Philippines, Mt. Apo and the home for the largest eagle in the world, the monkey-eating Philippine eagle.